Tuesday, April 14… LAST CHANCE at the BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE BOOK FAIR!
The CHS Library now has FREE online DRIVERS’ PERMIT PRACTICE TESTS available. Choose from the following:
- 10 car practice tests
- 6 motorcycle practice tests
- 3 CDL practice tests
- Online MO Driver’s Handbook
- Online MO Motorcycle Guide
- Online MO CDL Handbook
Good luck to Clearwater FBLA students competing at the State Leadership Conference in the next few days! The group will leave for Springfield on Saturday, April 11 at 4:00 pm.
Student volunteers that will be working the election polls on Tuesday were sworn in last week by Wayne County Clerk Brenda Barfield Seal. Voters will be electing school board members and county health center board members. They will also be asked to approve “Proposition KIDS” a no tax increase bond issue for the Clearwater R-1 School District. Bond money will be used for these purposes:
- Construction of secure middle school and high school entrances
- Installation and upgrades of security camera systems district-wide
- Completion of roof repairs and replacement
- Completion of driveway and parking lot improvements district-wide
- Installation of sound systems at elementary and high school
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system improvements at all buildings
- Renovation of the elementary stage
- Renovation of playgrounds, restrooms, industrial arts building and bus garage
- To the extent funds are available, completion of other improvements to the existing facilities of the district
Sophomores at Clearwater High School experienced a powerful presentation as Heidi Rickard shared her passion to leave a legacy of change. Equating one grain of rice to one human life, more than 300 pounds of rice were poured out, representing the devastating human loss in the past 100 years due to acts of genocide. While holding 600 grains of rice in their hands (the average number of people each one of us will directly influence as we journey through life), “The Rice Experience” challenges students to overcome injustice.
For more information go to The Rice Experience