The library will be closed to students today beginning at lunch. If you are normally in the library for classes during that time, please stop by the library to discuss what you should do. Sorry for the inconvenience!
FFA students are learning about the official dress of the organization. The blue corduroy jacket was adopted by the National FFA organization in 1933. Part of the official dress is a tie, and to prepare for when they get their own official dress, students are learning to tie a tie.
Current cheerleaders should try to stay, but it is not mandatory.
A representative from Central Methodist University will be at CHS Tuesday, during advisory. Please sign up in the counselor’s office if you are interested in learning more about CMU.
The CHS Entrepreneurship Class has designed two different images for sweatshirts ($20) and long-sleeved tees ($15). They are taking preorders from now until October 8. Click the link to place your order!
The Cross Country Team traveled to Van Buren this week for the Big Springs meet. Ava Umfleet set a new CHS record, beating the previous record by over a minute. Middle School student Gavin Reynolds won 1st place in 5th grade against all schools competing.
- 9/28/21 (Tuesday): Three Rivers College representative visit @ 11:00AM
- 9/28/21 (Tuesday): 4-H Youth Futures Program begins for seniors @ 11:30AM (must sign up if interested) The 4-H Youth Futures SPIN Club is a six to ten-week program that allows our students to learn about higher education/career options. Students will meet one hour a week for six to ten weeks during school hours (Tuesdays during Advisory/Lunch). Units include the steps necessary to enroll in college or a career center, choosing and getting into college, exploring possible majors and careers, skills for life, career skills for success and financial literacy including information on the FAFSA, scholarships, grants and loans. College-bound seniors may sign up for 1st semester. Workforce bound seniors may sign up for 2nd semester.
- 10/05/21 (Tuesday): Central Methodist Representative visit @ 11:30AM
- 10/08/21 (Friday): ASVAB testing (all juniors and seniors needing to retest) 8AM-11:30AM
- 10/11/21 (Monday): Mizzou representative visit @ 11:30AM
- 10/18/21 (Monday): SEMO College Fair trip for seniors (all day)
- 10/19/21 (Tuesday): End of 1st Quarter
- 10/20/21 (Wednesday): Mineral Area College Fair trip for juniors 8AM-1:45PM
- 10/21/21 (Thursday): All grades should be submitted by 3PM.
- 10/23/21 (Saturday): ACT given at CHS 8AM-1PM
- 10/27/21 (Wednesday): Three Rivers Preview Day (seniors…and possibly juniors) 8AM-2PM
- 10/28/21 (Thursday): FAFSA Night 3:30-7:30PM
The annual See You at the Pole event was held this morning in front of the school. Senior Brenden Edwards and junior Nancy Hampton led event held at Clearwater. According to its website, See You at the Pole™, is a global day of student prayer. It began in 1990 as a grass roots movement with ten students praying at their school. Twenty years later, millions pray on their campuses on the fourth Wednesday in September.