Clearwater Tigers traveled to Lesterville on December 16 to face the Bearcats. Both Tiger Teams were victorious! Pictures below were provided by Dawn Rowold.
The Floriculture Class and Ag 2 Class have been working on some new projects. Floriculture created wreaths, and Ag 2 made mineral feeders.
CHS Choir and Band performed to a large audience on Tuesday, December 14, displaying their talent and hard work. Both choir and band are lead by Mara McClintock. Mr. McFadden participated by narrating in a song.
Sixty-two Betas attended and competed in the state convention this past weekend in Springfield. While at convention, students participated in many art and academic competitions and a state office campaign. Close to 30 Beta students placed in their categories to compete in the national convention which will be held in Nashville this summer. Ten students also took the opportunity to get a tour of MSU with Miss Brinkley.
Division 2 is 11th/12th graders:
- Chloe Drury: 1st place in Drawing division 2
- Kylie Keith: 1st place in Mixed Media division 2
- Rayme Batton: 4th place in Sculpture division 2
- Nancy Hampton: 5th place in On-Site Painting division 2
- Alex Chadbourne: 3rd place in Jewelry division 2
- Noah Graham: 1st place in 11th grade Agriscience Test
- Keegan Gracey: 2nd place in 11th grade Science Test
- Kevin Hicks: 2nd place in 10th grade Agriscience Test
Division 1 is 9th/10th graders:
- Kloe L’Heureux: 1st place in Fiber Arts division 1
- Makia Luke: 2nd place in Recyclable Art division 1
- Abby Cheney: 1st place in Color Photography division 1
- Jackie Bartel: 4th place in On-site Painting division 1
- Conner Roberts: 4th place in 9th grade Science Test
- 2nd place in Freshmen Problem Solving: Erin Henson, Trevor Miller, Conner Robert, and Caitlyn Spinks
- Living Literature (13 students): 4th place
Clearwater High School is proud to announce that seniors Jaylin Street and Falyn Winchester are December Students of the Month. Jaylin is the daughter of Jason and Kathy Street of Patterson, Missouri. While in high school, Jaylin has played volleyball all four years. Additionally, she has been involved in Beta; in FCCLA in grades 9-12 and serving as president; NHS, 10-12; History Club, 12; and Science Club, 10-12. Jaylin plans to attend Southeast Hospital College to get her Associate’s Degree in radiology and then will transfer to Southern Illinois University to become a radiation therapist. Jaylin enjoys playing volleyball and hanging out with her friends. Falyn Winchester is the daughter of Michael and Shana Winchester of Piedmont, Missouri. While in high school, Falyn has served as NHS vice president, is the current senior class president, and has served as FCCLA vice president. She has also been a member of FBLA, Beta, Interact, and History Club. She has completed 18 service hours for NHS, 10 service hours in Beta, and 5 service hours in FBLA. Falyn enjoys spending time at home and outside. Her future plans include going to SEMO as an online criminal justice major with a minor in criminology and sociology. Afterwards, she plans to attend law school and get her JD.
The library will closed tomorrow because Mrs. Briley will be on the Beta trip. If you need something, today is the day to get it done! Make sure your Chromebooks are charged for tomorrow or bring your charger to school with you. Bring change. Keep up with Beta by following the library instagram @chstigerlibrary.
Congrats to our ball team for the win over AV on homecoming night, and to Kloe L’Heureux, 2nd runner up; Kylie Keith, 1st runner up; and Clurie Briley, homecoming queen. Earlier in the day, we had a fun pep rally with our awesome host, Mr. McFadden.