The calendar for the upcoming 2018-19 School Year was approved at Monday night’s board meeting.
April 8-10 FBLA State Leadership Conference @ Springfield
April 9 Softball @ Doniphan Bus: 2:10 pm Game: 4:30 pm
April 9 JH/HS Baseball @ Ellington Bus: 2:15 pm Games: Varsity 4 pm, JH 6 pm
April 9 Golf Tournament @ Poplar Bluff
April 10 Softball vs. East Carter @ Home 4:30 pm
April 10 HS Baseball @ Greenville Bus: 3 pm Game: 4:30 pm
April 11 Softball @ Neelyville Bus: 2:00 pm Game: 4:00 pm
April 11 HS Baseball @ Woodland Bus: 2 pm Game: 4 pm
April 11 Golf Tournament @ Ste Genevieve
April 12 HS Baseball/Softball vs Twin Rivers @ Home 4:30 pm
April 12 Golf @ Jackson
April 13 Softball @ Park Hills Central Game: 3:30 pm
April 13 HS baseball @ Doniphan Game: 3:00 pm
April 14 Cheer Practice for tryouts 8:00 am
The National Library Week 2018 celebration will mark the 60th anniversary of the first event, sponsored in 1958.
National Library Week is the perfect opportunity to tell your story. This year, in keeping with the Libraries Lead theme, tell how the library led you to something of value in your life.
One randomly selected WINNER will receive a $100 VISA gift card and a copy of “Firebird,” the Coretta Scott King Award-winning book by Misty Copeland, 2018 National Library Week Honorary Chair.
Library lovers can post to Twitter, Instagram, or on the I Love Libraries Facebook page during National Library Week for a chance to win. Entries can be a picture, video, or text. Creativity is encouraged. Just be sure they include the hashtags #NationalLibraryWeek and #LibrariesLead on their social media post for a chance to win.
Join in the fun! The promotion begins Sunday, April 8 at noon and ends Saturday, April 14 at noon.
- Last day to pay for prom tickets is Friday, April 6.
- NHS Members: If you would like to assist Saturday, April 7 at the Canyon Club, they are having a clean up day on the golf course from 8:00-noon.
- American Legion scholarship applications are due by Monday, April 9.
- Seniors attending TRC ROCS on April 11 will leave at 8:00 am. Bring money for lunch. Also please pick up permission forms in guidance office.
- If you want to tryout for Cheerleading for the next school year, pick up a packet from the HS office. You MUST have an updated physical to tryout.
- 9th-11th grade: Information regarding a summer Healthcare Professionals Camp is posted outside of the counselor’s office.
- Midwest Elite Basketball Camp forms are in the HS office.
- Academic Banquet will be April 24 at 7:00 pm.
- Wednesday, April 4
- Baseball vs Naylor @ HOME 4:30 pm
- Softball vs Naylor @ HOME 4:30 pm
- Thursday, April 5
- Band @ Puxico for Music Assessment
- Baseball @ South Iron Bus @ Game: 4:30 pm; 3:00 pm
- Softball @ Advance Game: 4:30 pm; Bus: 2:15 pm
- Friday, April 6
- Black River League Art show @ Ellington
- Baseball vs Winona @ Home 4:30 pm
- Softball @ Ellington Game: 4:30 pm; Bus: 2:45 pm
- Saturday, April 7
- Band and Choir @ TRC Tinnin Center
- Swing Pink Softball Tourney @ Dexter
- State Band and Choir contest @ TRC
- Sunday, April 8
- FBLA to State Leadership Conference @ Springfield
Congratulations go out to three female athletes from CHS that have signed to accept collegiate sports scholarships, continuing their athletic careers. Halle Gooch and Brittany Adams will be honing their skills on softball fields at Three Rivers and Mineral Area Colleges while Cheyanne Burton will be pounding the basketball court at Central Methodist College.
Although the state of Missouri was not able to fund this year’s administration of the ACT® to students in 11th grade, CHS juniors are testing on Tuesday, April 3, thanks to action by the local school board and efforts by school personnel. All Clearwater High School juniors will soon have an entrance exam score to show colleges by participating in the ACT exam during school hours.
Ensuring that all Missouri students graduate ready for college and careers is a goal of the state’s Top 10 by 20 initiative, which calls for Missouri to be one of the top 10 states for education by 2020. State funding first allowed for an annual administration of the ACT® in 2015 and was sufficient to offer the opportunity again in 2016 and 2017. However, following a reduction of $4 million in the state assessment budget, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education was not able to fund administration of the test in 2018. Options for district-administered testing was made available directly through ACT® and three test dates were made available for these administrations in the 2017-2018 academic year: October 3, 2017; February 27, 2018; and April 3, 2018.
The free exam is a savings for families in the Clearwater R-1 School District. The ACT is a national college entrance exam that tests students in English, math, reading and science. The test is one measure colleges and universities use when deciding admittance and scholarships. For more information, visit ACT State and District Testing.