All Clearwater High School students in grades 9-12 may JOIN the BOOK CLUB Google Classroom. There are no membership dues.
Expectations for the 2020-21 school year
• Students must have a parent/guardian sign the Book Club permission form to join Book Club meetings in person.
• There will be no field trips this year.
• Meetings will be held approximately once per month with students spread out for social distancing.
• Meetings will be held during the advisory and/or lunch period during school hours.
• Club activities will revolve around reading. Example activities could include discussion of favorite books, silent/aloud reading, book talks, touchless browsing of new books that are spread apart for social distancing, Google Classroom posts of new library books and links to eBooks, and other activities that promote reading while maintaining a healthy atmosphere.
• Remote students will not be able to participate in any in-person activities, but may join the Google Classroom to get information about eBooks, etc.
English instructor Karen Pauley and library media specialist Mary Bangert are advisors for the Clearwater High School Book Club. If you have ideas or suggestions for activities or would like to recommend books to read and/or purchase for the school library, add your comments below.