The Clearwater Tigers baseball team and Lady Tigers softball team have their first home games this week as the spring season starts off in full swing. A few of the players were caught on camera as the ladies headed out to their opener on Friday, March 20. See the full schedule of games and other events by clicking on the “Calendar of Events” tab.
The following photos were taken at the District Music Festival at Poplar Bluff on Saturday, March 21. The CHS Band received a II rating, the choirs both received IIIs. If anyone has photos they would like to submit for possible publication in the yearbook (of this or any other school activity), please send them to email@example.com or upload them to http://replayit.com
The CHS Band and Choir groups will be performing in the MSHSAA District Music Festival on Saturday, March 21. The public is invited to attend these performances at the Tinnin Fine Arts Center on the campus of Three Rivers College. Choir groups will perform at 9:35 and 10:30 Saturday morning. The band will take the stage at 1:50 pm.
Mrs. Burns and Mrs. Bangert will be available to assist students with the completion of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on Tuesday (3/17), Wednesday (3/18), and Thursday (3/19) from 3:30-7:00 pm in the high school library. Completion of the FAFSA is required for all A+ graduates, many scholarships, and all federal student aid.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- A Federal Student Aid PIN to sign electronically. (If you do not already have one, visit www.pin.ed.gov to obtain one.)
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The bus to Southeast Missouri State University on Friday will be loading at 6:15 am for CHS students to take part in the District History Day competition. This year’s theme is “Leadership and Legacy in History.” To see a video about History Day, click the link and scroll down: Introduction to National History Day
Established in 1974, participation in NHD helps students develop the following attributes that are critical for future success:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills,
- Research and reading skills,
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills,
- Self-esteem and confidence, and
- A sense of responsibility for and involvement in the democratic process.
- Thursday and Friday, March 19th and 20th will be full days of school attendance.
- The quarter will end on Tuesday, March 24.
- Tuesday, March 31st will be an early dismissal day and parent/teacher conferences will be held that afternoon from 1-6 p.m.
- Thursday, April 2nd will be an early dismissal day.
- Friday, April 3rd will be Good Friday holiday.
- The last day of school will be Thursday, May 28th, early dismissal.