The bus to Southeast Missouri State University on Friday will be loading at 6:15 am for CHS students to take part in the District History Day competition. This year’s theme is “Leadership and Legacy in History.” To see a video about History Day, click the link and scroll down: Introduction to National History Day
Established in 1974, participation in NHD helps students develop the following attributes that are critical for future success:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills,
- Research and reading skills,
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills,
- Self-esteem and confidence, and
- A sense of responsibility for and involvement in the democratic process.