Although summer seems distant, high school students should already be researching and applying for career related summer opportunities!
This summer, Caitlyn has been accepted to a healthcare camp where she will be shadowing healthcare professionals, learning CPR, using a stethoscope, taking blood pressures, and visiting various clinical sites and doing it all at no cost! Based on an essay she submitted, Caitlyn was selected as a scholarship recipient to cover the expenses of the camp.
Students interested in summer activities such as this are invited to visit the CHS guidance office or the CHS Library to research opportunities. Don’t wait!
JUNIORS AND SENIORS: Prom information packets are available in Mr. McFadden’s room. Completed packets are required before you can receive your ticket. Packets are due back no later than Friday, April 5.
There will be an early dismissal of students at 12:20 pm on Tuesday, March 5 to accommodate the area academic bowl being hosted by the Clearwater Middle School. Teachers not involved in academic bowl activities will be participating in professional development.
Information for the following scholarships is available in the high school counselor’s office. All scholarship applications should be turned in to Mrs. D’Amico or Mrs. Burns.
- Southeast Missouri Superintendents Association Scholarship: Must intend to teach K-12. Deadline February 28.
- Missouri Chamber of Commerce STEM Scholarship: Deadline March 1, 2019.
- Local American Legion Scholarship is due March 8. State level American Legion Scholarships are also available.
- Missouri Bankers Foundation Scholarship: Must be planning a career in a field related to banking. Deadline March 8, 2019.
- Midwest Affordable Housing Educational Opportunities Scholarship. Deadline March 15.
- Masonic Scholarship Fund of Missouri. Deadline March 15.
- The P.E.O. Donna Moulton Scholarship: Must be a female with at least a 3.0 GPA attending TRC as an Education Major. Deadline March 22.
- Kenneth L. Short Memorial Scholarship: Must be pursuing a career in food service/hospitality. Deadline March 22.
- TRC Foundation Scholarship: Due April 5 for anyone planning to attend Three Rivers College.
The guidance office will conduct an informational meeting regarding most local scholarships during the first week in April.